ACID Pro 7.0c Beatmatter Volume issue

tripster69

I've been experiencing this problem for a very long time and was wondering if anybody could shed some light. It's become so annoying to the point of me wanting to give up on the program altogether!

The problem is that, after processing any audio file with the beatmapper, although the volume stays the same, ACID reports that the volume is much louder than it actually is (around 5db louder). If i then turn the volume down on the channel (so it no longer appears to be clipping) the audio is much quieter than it should be.

Also, there is a loss in clarity after applying the beatmapper when this happens.

This issue happens each and every time that i apply the beatmapper to any audio file. However, all files that don't go through the beatmapper wizard remain to be fine and at the appropriate level/quality.

This seems to be happening with both .mp3 and .wav files. I have also tried this on a different computer in order to confirm that it is not an issue specific to my hardware setup.

For the kind of work i'm doing, ACID is incredibly streamlined and efficient. I 'd rather not give up on the program just yet.. ;/

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

Ok so i've managed to dig a little deeper on this.

1. I run a file through the beatmapper, selecting 'change project to match tempo' on completing the beatmapper wizard.
2. I play the file and it's perfectly beatmapped and in time, no issues with volume.
3. I change the master tempo of the project to 130bpm (automatically snapping the beatmapped clip to the same tempo)
4. I notice that now the volume has been artificially increased, so this is what causes the issue! But i still have no idea how to solve it..

Last edited:
Back