Ableton piano roll.... I need help

uheclipse

Can anyone that use ableton live 9 help me out? So im using the piano roll to edit some drums but for some reason there is another bar before it. As you can see in the picture the highlighted notes on the right side are the ones im working on. Bar 9 is the first time the drums come in. Yet for some reason the piano roll shows an extra bar before it. Can anyone help me out? Why is that there and how can i get rid of it?

I can just delete that extra bar that comes before but im just curious why it always shows up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 1.30.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 1.30.27 AM.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Try zooming in further and make sure it snaps to the grid. Having the bar start at 9.1.1 is correct. Also make sure your your drums don't start before the 9th bar.

Lastly I believe the position should be at 1.1.1 I think this is your answer. Unless your trying to catch a loop on a off beat you really don't need to adjust the position. If you find yourself lost with the start, end, position and length times try using the loop brace for now and watch the numbers move and you'll get it eventually.

Can anyone that use ableton live 9 help me out? So im using the piano roll to edit some drums but for some reason there is another bar before it. As you can see in the picture the highlighted notes on the right side are the ones im working on. Bar 9 is the first time the drums come in. Yet for some reason the piano roll shows an extra bar before it. Can anyone help me out? Why is that there and how can i get rid of it?

I can just delete that extra bar that comes before but im just curious why it always shows up

on the clip view in the bottom (piano roll) extend the start of the loop marker BACKWARDS all the way to bar one so you are also highlighting the bar before. Then youll be able to delete them. You cant delete them now because they aren't actually selected in your clip. I think its just there because at one point you had them programmed in there but didnt choose to show them in the main arrangement view. You could just trim your clim back in arrangement view and they would show up I think. They live in your clip but not in arrangement view. If I'm looking at the right thing. But yes like you said, easily deleted.

Last edited:
Back