ABLETON+MPD=MIDI HELLLL. please help

johanjsm

Well my mpc2000 pretty much died so I decided to part with it and get an mpd26. Had trouble syncing the mpc2000 with ableton a while back but I was sure that new gear would have this fixed. When I have the mpd sending the midi clock to live (slaved) the bpm jumps up and down 1-1.5 bpms. This is a problem cuz it'll mess up the end points of loops. It also seems to take a second or two to calibrate itself when play is pressed. I have a new dual proc pc and the cpu is free - I'm using maudio and buffer size is 256 (pretty high and maudio won't let me raise it as it's grayed out). I emailed ableton about this issue with the mpc2000 and they basically told me that they were aware of it but not planning on fixing it. The easy fix is to send midi to the mpd but then I'll lose all the midi swing and quick timing options right? Also the velocity sensitive thing doesn't seem to work well- anyone else notice? Lastly what's up with the lack of documentation from wakai??? Maybe my settings are wrong. Maybe I'm functionally retarded. Hope someone out there has some answers or a fix for this- thanks in advance!

Back