Ableton Live 9 vs Presonus Studio One 2.5 ???

firefart

Is there anyone out there who has used BOTH and can say something about the pros and cons? I tried the demos for both and, being a total noob, i really can't say which one i would be happier with in the long run... Thnks guys!

I'm a longtime ableton user, only tried presonus briefly.
For me the workflow with session view in ableton trumps basically anything I've tried in any other DAW.

I have both. I gotten the Audiobox recording bundle, it came with S1 artist and i figured might as well upgrade.

To me the comparison is borderline apples/oranges. I like Ableton more as a creative way to get ideas out...While S1 would feel more at home for reording, mixing, mastering in the more traditional daw sense even thougn both are capable of accomplishing your main tasks.

Using Ableton for so long I kind of find it hard to not use scenes, the whole way the session view works and the way waping/timestretching works. I backed away more from simple 4 or 8 bar loops to create thanks to session view. Its more of a prefrence not to do things old fashioned and linearly until im ready to really make it a song and do the extra song touches from a creative aspect.

I stay in Ableton most of the time though, and just throw my tracked out waves into something like S1 for mixing...however thats all just my opinion and way of doing.

Last edited:
Back