Ableton and Maschine 2

Andrelo

Hello, Im new in the forum, and also I just go into producing, its been like 1 year since I been using Ableton to make my instrumentals.
I don't have a lot of producing equipment, but I'd been thinking on getting some new gear. The first thing I think on getting is the Maschine Studio; Mainly because it has a good reputation, and from what I have heard is that beginners can learn with no problem. I think is a good invesmtent because Maschine offers alot, but at the same time I want to hear from you guys if its a good idea, because I use ableton and Maschine works with the Maschine 2 software which is considered another DAW.

So you guys think is a good idea to use both Ableton/Maschine 2 to produce, or just one?
and is Maschine Studio easy to use in Ableton?

Well, I personally don't really count Maschine as a DAW - it's kind of almost like one, but doesn't need to be or wants to be a fully-fledged thing; in other words, it's at its best when used in conjuction with a "proper" DAW like, well, Live.

As Krushing said, Maschine is best used in conjunction with A DAW. Like Live. Everything will have a learning curve, so don't expect it to be easy based on recommendations, read the manual and practice. And I am a believer in YouTube videos. They help.

Newb here. Recently purchased Maschine Studio and I enjoy it. I found as a beginner it helped tear down some barriers with my progress. However, integrating into my workflow with Abelton has been less than desirable. I spent the first month using Maschine exclusively as stand-alone. Then after becoming comfortable with the environment decided to move it into Ableton. This has thrown a wrench into how I work with Maschine. I'm still trying to figure out the best workflow for me. However, with all that said I'm happy with the Maschine and will continue to use with Abelton.

Back