a quality mixer?

P

peggerbunkins

yeowww everyone

I bought an mpc1000 about 6 months ago and got pretty familiar with it. I play around with samples loaded onto the machine from a friend and I am really getting the hang of things. Now its time to sample my own records.

I have a piece of junk mixer from a friend and am looking to buy my own. Does anyone know if the Numark M1 mixer is all good? Its in great condition and dude is asking $80.

Also, he is selling a NUMARK TT200 TURNTABLE for $200. I searched the site for reviews but came up short. Anyone care to explain the pros and cons of both machines? Thank you in advance

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

I should add the m1 mixer has usb !!

I assume that you are trying to buy these second hand, since you are speaking of a dude istead of a retailer.

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--NUMTT200
TT200 is worth less. $190 for a new one and he's selling a used one for $200? Dude is trying to rip you off.

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--NUMM1USB
The mixer's $99 brand new. It probably doesn't have that much resale value..

Don't buy a mixer "because it has usb". You can always record it from it's audio outputs. If all you want to do is to sample records, you could buy a preamp for the turntable instead of a cheap mixer. If you want to start scratching and all, you'll have to pay more for your equipment, or you will find them limiting very soon.

If you are looking for a quality dj-mixer, look for Rane TTM's, Ecler HAK's & Vestax PMC's.

if you're just going to sample, buy the cheapest turntable with a built in preamp and buy a better needle.

yeh its a auction on kijiji, and that is sickening what he is trying to do!

I took all things into consideration and did some searching. I believe scratching can take a back seat for the time being, so going with a turntable with a built in pre amp seems to be the way to do this!
I am considering the Sony PS-LX250H, seems affordable and has the built in pre amp. Would this be a quality turntable for what i am trying to do?

thank you very much for the help my dudes

Last edited by a moderator:
Back