a new song, and some old

S

sup909

have a new song up. guys at nitros review ring have seen this. but this is for everyone else.

"The Monk Song"
kind of an acid song, not really sure though. i normally dont produce dance song this is a diffrent direction for me.

"Lost in the Concious of an Infant"
very dreamy trance song, one of my personal favs

the music

A review

"Lost in the Concious of an Infant":

Sound quality:
The lead coming in sounds a bit strange at first, I thought I heard tiny distortion there somewhere. That lead might have an inch too much resonance or something, it sounds kinda strange at times. Otherwise, good.

Samples:
The string sample is nice as well as the metallic lead sample.
The long open hihat is good. The other lead sample is a bit thin I think, u could try fattening it up with some effects, like chorus, or flanger (try cloning the line and use different effects on both).

Effects:
The strings have nice floaty reverb, I'd drop about 10% off though. I like reverb myself alot, but recently I haven't used it as much, it can sometimes make the track too muddy when used in too many places. Overall good delays and other effects.

Mixing:
It seems to be in order, can't really think which could be louder or quieter here.

Structure:
It's very long, you could try squeezing it to about 5 mins to make it tighter and a bit more interesting.

Chords & Melodies:
Nice, I like them.

Summary:

A longish trance track which offers some nice samples and melodies, but it stumbles on repetition and duration. Some effects need a little adjusting, but this track says you're a musician, so keep up the good work!

Technical Rating: 7.0

Musical Rating: 8.0

Overall Score: 7.5

CZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Back