a few questions.

insanitynick

yes well as you may see by my postcount i'm still a newbie and i really wish to learn more.

I recently got myself a Steinberg CI1 Audio interface ( USB ) and a Samson - CO1 Studio condenser microphone, and i've been getting a delay from the microphone it''s like off by half a second. now since i really have NO knowledge in sound drivers/settings etc i would like you all to give some opinions about my interface etc and maybe some help on how to fix this.

also here are my computer speccs:

Windows 7 Ultimate
4GB RAM
Asus P5QL-SE motherboard
2x 500GB Sata hard drive (internal)
ATI RADEON SAPPHIRE HD 5750 videocard
2,4GHZ Quad core Processor

as an off-side note, i got a hi-fi amplifier attached to my computer it''s the Denon AVC-10SE
wich ill be linking to my interface soon when i got enough money to buy the cables for it. ( i'm currently using my Beats by dre - studio headphones linked to my interface for sound instead of my speakers. )

A quick look and it seems there is no software facility for direct monitoring , so ......

When recording vocals , mute the vocal track you are recording in the DAW output .
Then turn the "mix button" to give you the backing tracks from the DAW and the mic output as it hits the analogue side of the audio interface .
Point 7 of page 10 of the manual .

I have it set to 32ms on both in and output, yet the delay remains.
is there anything else i can do?

32 is not low enough. It needs to be under 10.

A quick look and it seems there is no software facility for direct monitoring , so ......

When recording vocals , mute the vocal track you are recording in the DAW output .
Then turn the "mix button" to give you the backing tracks from the DAW and the mic output as it hits the analogue side of the audio interface .

This might be your only solution.

32 is not low enough. It needs to be under 10.

This might be your only solution.

Thanks guys!
it's fixed now!

Back