7 year producing, looking to DJ

Dr_Acula

I know this gets asked alot, and I've looked on youtube specifically for begginer tutorials for DJing, but it was entirely too much. what I did click seemed to be BS and kinda intermediate.. I need a complete baby steps tutorial that thorough to help me get started. I'm well versed in mixing and everything involved in producing, so that a start, but These DJ terms and hardware has me lost. I currrently use ABleton live and have a launchpad if that matters. Im looking into some turntables and software to start and would love any type of input or advice. If you cant help, please dont comment, Im just looking for some help from one music lover to another. Thanks in advance

Oh, also if possible I would need advice on the cheapest turntables that are still somewhat good quality. Thank you

If you are buying turntables, you MUST buy direct drive but you probably know that. I can't tell which you should get specifically but you can get used ones for cheap. You have dj forums so ask there for advice. For software traktor and serato are good, but for using timecodes ( I assume you want to use them) you have to buy their audio interface which is pricey, and for virtual dj you can have any interface. Hope I helped you.

Thanks for the help. So im looking into traktor pro software. are there any good beginner tutorials online anywhere? Youtube has a few but not too many completely beginner ones.

Back