64-bit support - VST's

Michael Khan

So I have this VSTi plugin right... and it works fine on my crappy 32-bit Vista PC... but using the vst on my Win 7 64-bit OS laptop, it occasionally gets an "unhandled exception" and crashes. Is it just because the plugin doesn't yet support 64-bit operating systems? Or is it because Win 7 is crap? Like what does a 64-bit support update even mean? Because if the plugin runs then shouldn't it be straight? idk, i'm confused and tired. But any knowledgeable answers/thoughts are appreciated!

Win 7 x64 is excellent and shouldn't be a problem from the OS point of view.......

The problemcould be your DAW, though your DAW should adapt........with exceptions, where you'd need "jbridge." (Example: S1 x64 requires "jbridge" to read 32 bit plugs into a x64 environment).

It would be nice to know what VSTi and what DAW you're using, before giving more additional?

Last edited:
I have to use jBridger in my current DAW (Studio One Pro). Not ideal, but I like my OS, so that's what I do. I agree with keepinitreal that Win7 64 is the most stable windows OS i've ever used. So don't get rid of that. The time will come, soon enough, that these companies will have to start making 64-bit VST's. ....right?

Shouldn't be Windows 7; it's the best OS Microsoft has released with the least amount of crashes I've experienced (can't say that for Vista). The 64-bit version (which I also run) is fully compatible with 32-bit apps--so that shouldn't be the issue. Make sure you have the right drivers for your device.

Back