$500; want to get a nice Talkbox setup

Tybre

I've been really into the sound of the Talkbox for a long time. I don't really know a ton about the whole setup of it. Most people I've seen use the Banshee Talkbox 2 guitar pedal and something like a MicroKorg or other synth. My current production setup is basically a Casio CTK-3000 keyboard that I use as my main MIDI controller (doesn't have programmable sounds, only built in; only has a pitch wheel, no mod wheel), FL Studio 11 (with tons of VST synths and sound kits and whatever else), Audio-Technica AT2020 USB microphone, and a Novation Launchpad.

I have some money saved up and I really want to get that authentic talkbox sound like ZAPP, Daft Punk, and all the other greats. If anyone has any recommendations on what synths to get, or maybe some setup tutorials, that would be great. As I mentioned in the title, I have about $500 to spend on the materials, I'm just not sure what to get for it. If there's a way to use a talkbox say with a virtual synth as the modulator then that would be great. Either way is fine to me.

Thanks!

Back