2500 vs 3000 which to buy?

TheCreator

Got a choice between the 2500 and 3000. Ive produced tracks on garageband for some time and few times on FL studios just dont like using software. Want to switch to hardware but get something that gives that old schoolness to it. Heard the 3000 was the best for that and some say its the best mpc created. Ive heard a lot of good things about the 2500 and a lot of bad so I can't really make up my mind. Would like to hear the pros and cons of both and which u would chose if u had the choice. Im leaning towards the 3000.

For that old school sound, you can grab a 3k, but the hardware limitations are substantial over the 2500, 2000, 4000, 1000, not to mention their price on the used market is really out of hand for what your getting. At least that's my opinion. I personally like the 2500, but thats because it is really similar in operation to the 2000 which I . I have read that the 2500 with jjos (paid) is supposed to surpass the capabilities of the 5000 and at a fraction of the price. (although I cant personally vouch for it), So if you elect to go that route, I would say grab the 2500. Or grab a Maschine :)

I have a MPC 2500 for sale still in the box (let me know if you are interested). I wouldnt switch to hardware to go to an OLDER unit. Theres too many shortcomings of the older unit that will frustrate you or cost you more money than you were prepared to spend in order to solve them. MPC 3000 does not have an old school sound, but the converters and filters sound subtly different from the 2500. The sequencing and editing on the 2500 is the most fluid and consistent with modern technology. The 3000 is text based editing 100%, no waveform or true graphic display at all. If you had more experience with older hardware units this would be more of a toss up.

Like all things music related the equipment doesnt make the beats for u in style or much in sound. Between these 2 I would suggest a 2500 unless there is something about the 3k that just intrigues you. The 3k is still a good machine but it came out in 1994 and still costs as much as a mpc that came out in 2005 you do the math

ya i played around with a 2500 today thought it was pretty easy to chop samples and it had cool features. Still ive read alot of bad things about the 2500 too I might just end up copping a 2000xl for cheap or a maschine. Ive never tried a 3000 but I really want to kno wat all the hype is about.

What are the bad things you've heard? It isn't cool enough because it's not 10 yrs old yet?

Like I said I hear alot of good and bad and the bad being buggy, doesn't have that warm sound features aren't great blah blah listen I'm not hating on the machine as I am new to this I'm only asking for advice not some garbage feedback like that so pls don't say anything if u don't got anything productive to say

Back