2000xl sync w/ PT 8 le help

A_M_P

I have searched around the internet and tried for hours to get this to work. I want the mpc to be the master. I have only gotten it to work with the mpc as the slave and using midi beat clock. It doesnt seem to be syncing at all when using midi time code whether the mp is the slave or not.

I should start off by saying i have an Mbox Mini (doesnt have any MIDI ports) so i went out and bought an M Audio Midisport Uno. So i have the Uno "out" cord connected to the MIDI out A on the mpc. From there it goes to my laptop via usb. Maybe the Uno is the reason for it not working? I have followed the directions here http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=3&langid=41&itemid=27770 and it still doesnt work.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

not sure if that was a typo but.... connect the Midi out on the mpc to the midi in on the uno.

these instructions should be it then....

In Pro Tools:
2) Go to the Setup menu and choose “Peripherals…”. Click on the Synchronization tab and verify that “MTC Reader Port" is set to Any.
3) Put Pro Tools online by pressing the online button to the left of the stop button on the transport at the top of the edit window. This will be verified by a blinking blue online button.

In the MPC2500:
4) Go to the "MIDI/Sync" menu.
5) Set "Sync Out" to the corresponding MIDI output port on the MPC.
6) Set "Mode" to MIDI Time Code. Set "Frame rate" to 30.
7. Press play on the MPC and Pro Tools should now be playing along to the MPC.
NOTE: (When using MTC, it is recommended to add 1 or 2 bars of pre-roll.)

Back