Hip Hop Beat Video by Medicine Man

awesome video, ive been trying to record beatmaking videos for a long time but something always goes wrong lol

its something different about this. not so much feeling the pad. I think its the piano that gets a little repetitive. It might've been the hats that it needed. It seems to gel more when those were there. i feel like a harder bass could make this come out more and would help out with the pad which doesn't seem to mesh. the verse parts are pretty bare. That's my main gripe. That wears the piano out a little bit. maybe fill it a little more. A different, more prominent snare would sound better imo, rather than the rim. i hear a different snare in there once but only for like one second. it has potential. it also might be the tag that throws me off too. keep it up.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. The video is pretty tight, only thing I'd say to do is to find a way to record your soundcard's output as you build the track instead of picking up the monitors through the camera's mike. That way it would sound a bit less rough. I'd also throw in some more reverb to the piano, it sounds a bit too abrupt. I think it's interesting that you record the initial instruments that you loop in real time with the metronome, considering that I just sequence everything with my mouse after rounding out the idea with my keyboard. I checked out your site also, and I'm really digging those beats under the club bangers section. "That's right" is probably my favorite.

thanks for the feedback. The drums need to be louder and maybe add some hi-hats/open hats to have more rythm. The melody is alright and the overall is good.

Yo dope vid...........Luv how it felt like there was a gap in beat till the backround lead jus came under that and whoooomphhh.

Yo this shit is crazy ! u got some real talent man...nice work with the keys, sounds industry quality, got a mean bounce to it...shit is hhheat...

Not bad dude! Personally I felt you could have done a little more with the bass, and I prefer the second snare to the first. Otherwise I was feeling everything else, especially the sound for the lead.

Dope!! But i think the pad isnt coming at the right time...and the is good...but it doesnt have that "whoa" effect........7/10

*napo_calyps*

Don't take this the wrong way but you should upgrade the sounds your using.

Komplete 8 drops September 1

1600-Komp8_detail1.jpg

Native Instruments Komplete 8 (Standard) | Sweetwater.com

Appreciate all the feedback (good & bad) from everybody....Everything is taken as constructive & will work on the critiques in future projects.

Back