Review: IK Multimedia Philharmonik Miroslav

(mano here)

thanks for the kind comments. The monitors are Event 20/20 BAS but the room isn't "treated" in any way yet (hence the echo when I speak away from camera). No EQ applied.

the sound of the instruments is nice
i like the compisition you put together

Im loving this sound library... but I was jus wondering whut type of keyboard or sequencer is that??? Also if I had jus a M-Audio midi... would that equate the keyboard that your using>>>???

Zer0PointEnergY said:
Those are incredible sounds, I'm really impressed. Looks like money well spent with this one.

It is definitely worth every penny. This is something you'll use for years without getting bored.

K.O. said:
the sound of the instruments is nice
i like the compisition you put together

Ah thanks! I liked that short composition too.

iammusic06 said:
Im loving this sound library... but I was jus wondering whut type of keyboard or sequencer is that??? Also if I had jus a M-Audio midi... would that equate the keyboard that your using>>>???

Hi,

In the video I sequence using my MPC 1000 (AKAI) and the keyboard is a DAVE SMITH POLY EVOLVER KEYBOARD "PEK" ... however the keyboard is only used to control the PHILHARMONIK instrument on the computer... so the sounds have nothing to do with the keyboard.

Last edited:
hey mano, what do you use to record your work? you use PHILHARMONIK or SAMPLETANK 2XL for the sounds, you use PEK for the control and you sequence with your MPC. what do you use on your computer to record all your work?

In-Trax said:
hey mano, what do you use to record your work? you use PHILHARMONIK or SAMPLETANK 2XL for the sounds, you use PEK for the control and you sequence with your MPC. what do you use on your computer to record all your work?

Actually I don't always sequence on the MPC. Some songs start in Cubase SX 2, and remain there... the MPC is not always involved. Cubase SX 2 is what I use to "track" audio and do final building/editing of songs, do my mixing (which is usually done on my CREAMWARE PULSAR 2 sound card's built-in mixer+effects).

Mano, for example using any Midi-Sequencer, in this case an M-Audio Midi Keyboard, if the VST plugins were available and I had the same sound library as the one in the video... I should be able to produce the same with just the M-Audio..???

iammusic06 said:
Mano, for example using any Midi-Sequencer, in this case an M-Audio Midi Keyboard, if the VST plugins were available and I had the same sound library as the one in the video... I should be able to produce the same with just the M-Audio..???

yep.

the keyboard in the video does *nothing* else than controlling, like a remote.

the VST in the video is called "Philharmonik" by IK Multimedia. I love it.

they sound alike to sampletank and sonic refills in reason.
only difference is those sounds allready come with fx presets .. you can hear the reverb and all allready in there. but it sounds nice

beat addict said:
they sound alike to sampletank and sonic refills in reason.
only difference is those sounds allready come with fx presets .. you can hear the reverb and all allready in there. but it sounds nice

mmhh? Miroslav Orchestra sound collection has been around for ages (as AKAI CD-ROMs in the 90's) and do *not* sound like the basic SampleTank sounds at all... They are a lot more superior.

hey mano1 why don't you post link to a track you made with miroslav..
or if you allready did , can you tell me where to look.
thnx

You might be able to find it for cheaper... Call stores around and look at ones online.

The crossgrade from SampleTank (if you have that) is also much cheaper

beat addict said:
hey mano1 why don't you post link to a track you made with miroslav..
or if you allready did , can you tell me where to look.
thnx

Thanks for asking :) ... this arrangement (not really a fully composed progression/track) is not online anywhere at the moment but I should take some time to revisit it. I liked it too :)

Last edited:
natronmpc said:
Id love some info on posting my beats, got some cool-outs

It's easy Just go to the hip hop reviews forum, and click on new discussion. Attach your music file to your post. There is an upload file button.

Back