Studio Jumpstart

9zero

I have recently started taking this forum as a professional help and a lot of great people out here give free advises which most of the professional people don't.

Coming straight to the point, I am an amateur house producer having usual big dreams like others but having some serious determination. I have worked around 5 to 6 years on a single Windows PC having just a QWERTY keyboard and making music on FL Studio. Few months earlier, I was suggested to get studio headphones i.e Behringer HPS3000 to improve sound hearing and mix and so on. It did improved greatly but only for me. So, I guess now is again the time I must upgrade my self to get the proper sound.

Suggestion I require is that what should be my next step to create my small mini studio which can help me at least sound professionally.

Currently I have

PC: Intel Core 2 Duo
Headphones: Behrigner HPS3000
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster VX Series
Keyboard: QWERTY

Keeping in mind, my budget is around 200$ max for start. I know its very less but I have to start from the low. Please advise how the best I can use my $200 which can help me in House/Electro genre.

P.S I am traveling to Malaysia next month, just so you know If you can advise me to buy stuff from there.

Thanks

Back