Maschine Mikro vs MPC 500

Juliandroid

Hey everyone, I have finally saved up enough funds to afford either Native Instrument's Maschine Mikro or the Akai MPC 500. I really want a controller for drums and samples because that's how i compose my music mostly for now. Anyway, I'm currently using Logic and the sampling in Logic is a nightmare and I want to be able to have a portable sampler so I can make beats anywhere and well want to know what is a better purchase? Also for those that know that Maschine software if it is better than Logic for what i want to accomplish?

So yeah pretty much which is better and why? Thanks !

They are different animals. The mpc is a standalone sampler/sequencer. Maschine mikro is a controller with software, and is dependant on a computer.

They are different animals. The mpc is a standalone sampler/sequencer. Maschine mikro is a controller with software, and is dependant on a computer.

That's true, that's the reason why I'm considering buying the MPC because I'd like to be able to make beats like on the beach or something and play them for people with speakers... Can not do this on the Mikro?

A good mpc costs at least $1000. The mikro costs $300. What kind of comparison is this? The MPC is going to be better but it costs a lot more.

A good mpc costs at least $1000. The mikro costs $300. What kind of comparison is this? The MPC is going to be better but it costs a lot more.

Well I was comparing the MPC 500 to the Maschine Mikro and, how is the MPC better? I'm not being sarcastic either I would like to know what i would be able to do with it over the Mikro

Maschine is great, but if you're gonna do it you should save a little more for Maschine (not mikro). You can it on ebay for around $300 right now since the newer model just came out.

Back