Confidant J- Chill Beat

Not bad for an early beat, I think it lacks some soul, doesn't feel very spirited to me, or chilled, it's sort of uneasy and awkward. I think you should check out Boon Doc, Thes One, Damu the Fudgemonk on Youtube, those particular guys have some MPC videos and just see how they get down, I think it could help you.

Not bad for an early beat, I think it lacks some soul, doesn't feel very spirited to me, or chilled, it's sort of uneasy and awkward. I think you should check out Boon Doc, Thes One, Damu the Fudgemonk on Youtube, those particular guys have some MPC videos and just see how they get down, I think it could help you.

Sheesh guy. Well it's not a finished beat just the beginning of one. Gonna mix and toss more instruments in. BUT what do you mean uneasy and akward... there's some spirit there and i know that plus some beat doesnt equal a soul record but akward. i just cant see it.

I like it pretty simple but simple never hurt anyone I would like to here the fully finished version maybe put an acapella on it or something

Sheesh guy. Well it's not a finished beat just the beginning of one. Gonna mix and toss more instruments in. BUT what do you mean uneasy and akward... there's some spirit there and i know that plus some beat doesnt equal a soul record but akward. i just cant see it.

I see that you have 24 posts. That combined with the fact that you said you just started means you are new to beat making and new to this site. Take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt and heed what people tell you. Real talk. I would not be as good and getting better as I am today had it not been for people dropping reality on me.

Always get the concensus. If three or four people have bad reactions it's probably not a good record. Look at yourself honestly. If someone says something good about your record say thank you but if someone says something negative, I personally think the best thing to do is not respond.

personally, not feelin the reversed track. but nice thought to do something different. keep it up and you'll get better with time. and yah, I would recommend checking out the above mentioned ppl on youtube. they def helped me out. add some swing too. that gets things groovey.

ok so im new to producing too.... but as someone who's been birthed & raised around an ENTIRE family full of musicians ive heard/seen music good & bad ALL my life so i most definately have an ear for it.... id hate to say it & sound mean but i was a little off beat wise like the reverse & chords didnt really match up with the drums..... it was a wonderful concept doing the sample in reverse but i kinda needs a little work..... no beef or nothing son

Back