Buying some new sh!t, need your input!

mguz11

Okay so I have recently ran into some extra cash and I'm thinking about getting a neumann tlm 49 paired with an Avalon ad2022. Mainly for vocals. You can check my sig to hear what I sound like. It's tough because I want to buy the right gear to fit my voice. Would this up the anney on it??

My advice would be to rent microphones and preamps to see how you like them. They can REALLY vary from person to person and space to space. I went through about 3 microphones and a couple preamps before I bought the one I use in my studio. I just produce but I found that for most of my work the Shure SM7B worked well with the rappers / singers I had coming in.

Renting was cheap... I could rent a 400 dollar microphone for about 25-30 bucks a month. Which beats spending all that money to find out it doesnt work for you :\

Just my 2 cents, hope whatever you get works out for you!

That sounds good. But I live in northern Michigan, I doubt there is anywhere I could rent the stuff I'm looking for. I dont know where i could find somewhere that does that. It would be nice though that sounds amazing.

Ouch - sorry to hear that. I live in a major city so I've got large music store chains all over. I guess you're buying it online? Wish I had some more advice for you man :\

Yea, I mean I live close to Grand Rapids. There are a few guitar centers and shit like that but none of them had what I was looking for. Yeah online is my connection with civilization haha. Love it up here tho man it's pretty tranquil

haha damn. I bet its tranquil out there I can't wait to get out of the heart of the city - Its got its ups and downs though. Hope you find something that works for you man!

Back