Basic Kick Drum Processing

I literally made the sound from scratch with a drum machine and was demonstrating some tools you could use to shape your sounds the way you want them. I picked a raw sample to show that something that sounds "bad" can be crafted into something better. The tutorial also isn't focused on making a song. What I show in the tutorial is just a part of sound design, which comes before making a song for me.

Also, why should a producer not master his own tracks? Is there something wrong with using your own tracks to understand how different types of processing work? I'm 100% certain that all mixing and mastering engineers started from somewhere and didn't have other producers and artists sending them tracks from the start of their career. I do a mix and master of just about every track that I have uploaded and shared and see nothing wrong with it. They may not be the "perfect" mix or master, but they will always provide me with something to learn from that will allow me to make better mixes and masters.

Final remarks:
1. Good samples don't appear out of thin air. They need to either be recorded or synthesized and then processed (the video was intended to show some basic processing as implied by the title).
2. You can do whatever you chose to with music/ audio. If you choose to limit yourself to only producing, mixing, or mastering then that is your choice. If you want to know how to do all three, that is also your choice.
3. Hope I didn't sound harsh or rude. Just wanted to clarify some things for anyone that may be viewing this thread.

I literally made the sound from scratch with a drum machine and was demonstrating some tools you could use to shape your sounds the way you want them. I picked a raw sample to show that something that sounds "bad" can be crafted into something better. The tutorial also isn't focused on making a song. What I show in the tutorial is just a part of sound design, which comes before making a song for me.

Also, why should a producer not master his own tracks? Is there something wrong with using your own tracks to understand how different types of processing work? I'm 100% certain that all mixing and mastering engineers started from somewhere and didn't have other producers and artists sending them tracks from the start of their career. I do a mix and master of just about every track that I have uploaded and shared and see nothing wrong with it. They may not be the "perfect" mix or master, but they will always provide me with something to learn from that will allow me to make better mixes and masters.

Final remarks:
1. Good samples don't appear out of thin air. They need to either be recorded or synthesized and then processed (the video was intended to show some basic processing as implied by the title).
2. You can do whatever you chose to with music/ audio. If you choose to limit yourself to only producing, mixing, or mastering then that is your choice. If you want to know how to do all three, that is also your choice.
3. Hope I didn't sound harsh or rude. Just wanted to clarify some things for anyone that may be viewing this thread.

While I agree with what you're saying, I think one reason some producers shouldn't master their own tracks is if they lack the ability to look at the track objectively, especially right after they make it without stepping away from it a bit.

Back