what seperates good producers to famouse ones?

flre0007

what do you see the average person do on this forum that's different from the professional producers. This is a question I have been asking myself with every track I have listens to on future producer.com and sound cloud. I picked up some differences and maybe you can add to my list.

1. a lot of the professionals have music that is more unpredictable than what I see people do here

2. Professional producers have music that can relate to a wider range of people. Its not about how good the music sounds but the number of people who like it.

3.some songs on this forum have a slow introduction that takes to long to get to the beat and this makes me lose interest andleave before the song starts. Good producers seem to good at capturing attention

add some to my list

Nothing seperates anyone beyond luck. you can have the shyttiest beat in the world and be lucky enough to put it in the right hands.

You're also missing the fact that even famous producers make hundreds of beats that never make an ablum for every 1 beat that does. That 1 beat does make the album because it had all the factors the artist was looking for in a song and then managed to make the final cut for the album because execs liked the song as well. That can mean the exec said "that intro needs to be shortened' or 'call in a guy to mix this better" or "call ion a guy to play keys over this to make it sound better".

While you're on FP you're hearing barebone beats with no input. A finished commercially released song will always have more structure because of all the hands it passes through and all the approvals it must be given by people who make it their profession to know what good music sounds like.

the little things. i can predict how amateurs' music is going to go most of the time.

Credits are the only thing that seperates a professional producer from a non professional. Once can create an imbd page or shown who you worked for your considered "professional"

^ I can't even take a word you said seriously. It's you're not your. It's IMDB not IMBD. Credits are not the only thing, by far. Soulja Boy is a good example, just because he has credits didn't make him famous... he had the right connections and resources.

^ I can't even take a word you said seriously. It's you're not your. It's IMDB not IMBD. Credits are not the only thing, by far. Soulja Boy is a good example, just because he has credits didn't make him famous... he had the right connections and resources.

Alright, he didn't ask what separates a famous producer from a non famous producer. He said professional. You can make the dopest beats ever and never be heard of. If you go to anyone in the industry and tell them your a music producer. There going to ask you "who have you produced for". Credits are the only thing that make a person "professional". That doesn't mean your music is not good, or whatever if you dont have credits what separate's you from another producer who makes hot beats. Resources and connections help you get in the door to get credits. But the bottom line is without credits people will see you as just another beat-maker. Right or wrong you get more respect when you have credits.

Too bad he doesn't have any talent! :p

this thread is confusing because its says famous in the title then professional all through out the post.

First off theory and following the rules, then making your own rules and mastering your craft

All B.S.

Refer back to my last post.

Source - Guy who's only semi-proffessional but has taken more than a few songs/beats and arranged them for commercially released albums.

Again, all that separates the 2 is some artist used their beat and passed it on to an exec that liked the song. Nothing more, nothing less. Look at the stuff that slips thru the cracks. You're(or your, who gives a fuc this ain't grammar school)not gonna move forward trying to convince yourself you need to do anything more than get your beats into the right artist's hands. That's how you get all these guys who sit around talking about "when they perfect their craft" missing out on opportunities in the meantime.

^^^So what is "cmon"? Common? C-mon(Semen)? Come On? It's the net, dude, simple grammar mistakes need not be pointed out, we all make em. "Em" is one as well, lol. :cheers:

This is a pretty good post.

It all depends on a whole list of things.
What makes a broke person different
from a millionaire?

Its mindset
Connections
Availability
Knowledge
Experience
Drive/Motivation
Work Ethic
Luck
Talent
Patience