What key/scales are these songs in?

JehfreeBeats

Now I know these songs are in different scales/keys. But if someone can help my determine the scale and key for both.

Im having a hard time figuring out if they are in major or minor scales as well as the key.

Kinda doesnt sound happy nor sad.. please help...thanks

and this one

im doing remixes to these and it would help to get pointed in the right direction..peace

The first one is in G minor and the 2nd one in B minor. Accordingly, the Gminor and Bminor scales will do just fine. I only listened to the beginnings, so there might be some changes further up the tracks, but I doubt it. They sounded pretty static, your basic, melancholy head nod stuff.

how did u determine if they are minor?

Picked up my guitar sitting next to me. Plucked 3 times on the e string and noticed that the G note is the root note. It sounded minor anyway (a large portion of hip hop IS in minor), then I strummed the G-minor chord and there you have it. Did the same for the other track, case closed!

Picked up my guitar sitting next to me. Plucked 3 times on the e string and noticed that the G note is the root note. It sounded minor anyway (a large portion of hip hop IS in minor), then I strummed the G-minor chord and there you have it. Did the same for the other track, case closed!

Thanks a lot man.

Back