Rhodes

Thoro_Head

Supp fp

I'm trying to remake a westcoast track just for practising, my problem is that my rhodes does'nt sound the same as this guys: (first beat called *New* Party over here.
www.rocbattle.com/forums/member.php?u=19438

I bought myself Colossus (spent all ma savings on it lol) and i know that there's not that many rhodes instrument in it. But i tried to lay down the chords, tried to pitch them, tune them everything, it dont get that tight feeling. What is it that i'm doing wrong, I don't know if it's the right chords or not but it sounds nearly the same as the orgiginal beat, but not exactly, not the same feel overall.

So please could somebody help me out with this....

i uploaded the beat so yall can hear it

Thx

sounds like he threw a filter over just that one sound....i can tweak the effects on the love filter to do something similar to that, but my skills are limited to FL 9.....
what program do you use?
what vsts?

Supp fp

I'm trying to remake a westcoast track just for practising, my problem is that my rhodes does'nt sound the same as this guys: (first beat called *New* Party over here.

I bought myself Colossus (spent all ma savings on it lol) and i know that there's not that many rhodes instrument in it. But i tried to lay down the chords, tried to pitch them, tune them everything, it dont get that tight feeling. What is it that i'm doing wrong, I don't know if it's the right chords or not but it sounds nearly the same as the orgiginal beat, but not exactly, not the same feel overall.

So please could somebody help me out with this....

i uploaded the beat so yall can hear it

Thx

I am uncertain about what you are trying to do. But it seems like you have the piano mixed a bit loud, If you want that sound like on the other track...you may need to mix it down...or put some EQ and some compression on it, And maybe a little reverb.

Also...Rhodes pianos are uniquely different. The pianos used in one track...could be some other synthesized Rhodes sound. (So the problem probably could be that. Your Rhodes isn't the "Rhodes" used in the track.)

Sometimes playing different chord voicings helps. (But what you have down is pretty good. You got the idea of it. That is what counts.

Back