refx Nexus 2 bug

whitebake

I have a bug in my nexus 2 installation.
When I first installed FL10, I ran the nexus installer, copied all my library files into the install folder, and ran the nexus scanner so all my libraries now appear.
However, when I close FL studio it appears the nexus loses all its samples. When I reload FL studio, I find the nexus plugin is going through its "scanning for content" routine again, even though all my libraries are still listed. It eventually finishes this scan, all my libraries are still visible, and the nexus is triggering during playback, but no sound comes out of it, until I manually re-select the correct sample from the library.
Its becoming a bit of a nuisance having to go through this every time I reload FL studio, especially when I have tracks with a dozen nexus (nexii?) running and have to remember exactly which library sample I used originally, plus having to remake the arp tweaks etc.
Ideas?

Try putting all of your library samples into 1 folder. Then put it in vst folder where fl studio is located. Dont put it in your nexus vst folder but just the vst folder and name it nexus content. Next time you load up nexus go to sys then desktop so it rescans for your libraries. save a project using your nexus sound then close and reopen to see if it happens again. Sorry but I hope this helps. (Also) You might want to check if there's two of the same nexus.dll's in your vst folder because that has happened to me. If there is, find the other one and delete it!!!! You know where you scan your vst folder when you install a new vst and theres the check box next to the names? yeah check in there. If you see 2 or more of the same dll's delete the proper one. One could be a demo and the other is the real one so be careful

Last edited:
Back