R kelly and his guitars

Cazzta

man i love this dudes hip hop tracks, the guitars he uses does anybody know a way to kinda get that sound cuz the ones i use sound fake?

You sure he is using a real guitar and not some synths?

Just asking, I know his songs, but with todays synths its kinda hard to tell which is which sometimes.

yea but if he is using real guitars what kind is he using and if someone has some guitars that sound that good hit me up lol, i want some

It sounds like an acoustic guitar, maybe with some EQ and proccessing to sweeten the sound up.

Try using some effects on them and see what happens.

His guitar player is Donnie Lyle, and Donnie also plays bass.

Even the Motif ES, which has great guitar samples, can't replicate the sound of a good guitar player.

you can tell real guitars from synth, even though synths can come close. but real real guitars are just so sweet and sexy! i love them, esp. acoustic guitars!

sounds like a nylon kind of sound...I have those...his tracks are so easy sounding,quite stripped down,I guess it's all about the words...still his stuff his awesome even though I saw his lil movie a while ago...

Honestly, you'll never be able to achieve the sound of a real guitar with a synth module. Even with the right amount of EQ and fx, it will be pretty hard to match the a real acoustic player.

But yeah, like others mentioned, his name is Donnie, and alot of R kelly's stuff is done on the spanish guitar.

Rkelly coming with that heat latley.

originally posted by empirestate

sounds like a nylon kind of sound...I have those...his tracks are so easy sounding,quite stripped down,I guess it's all about the words...still his stuff his awesome even though I saw his lil movie a while ago...

Yup, that's called good production. Beats don't have to be all complex (no dis to Komplexbeats) to be tight. It's the chemistry. I gotta get some of that right there.

cp2_4eva said:

Yup, that's called good production. Beats don't have to be all complex (no dis to Komplexbeats) to be tight. It's the chemistry. I gotta get some of that right there.

lol i'd have something wrong with me if i took that as an offense lol...

peace

I don't know that many R Kelly songs but the ones I know definitely have fake-guitars all over the place.

They have this strange note-for-note compressed sound to them you never get with a real guitar. It sounds kind of funky though!

Back