QUICK TIP 2 - DARK ATMOSPHERICS

D

DYEONE

SCI-FI / DARK ATMOSPHRIC SOUNDS AND TEXTURES

Ok here's another extremely valuable tip that will keep you busy for hours which can and will result in unlimited variations and effects.

Find a vocal which you can sample for about 2 seconds long, for better results use a vocal where the note is held/sustained instead of somebody singing more than one word.
(This isn't essential but to start with will be easier to use and understand)

Trim the sample so that when looped their isn't any gaps/silences.

Now timestretch the sample in as many different ways as you can, each time alternating between making it longer then shorter (back to its original length), do this about 10 times.

As you're doing this you'll begin to notice that the original sound/sample begins to disapear and other sounds are created and come into play. This will begin to sound extremely strange (depending on the sample you use).

Once you feel fairly satisfied that you're getting something which soundz quite good, then put the sample through the various effects you have available on your sampler/effects box, and adjust the usual stuff for variation ADSR, LFO etc.

Basically that's it, you can now use the sound created as you wish.

I thought this sounded a little a crazy until i tried it last night but it really does work wonders, try it !!!

Take it EZ and let me know how you get on.

Rich.

Nice One

Cool idea Rich. Check out a program called Prosonix Sonic Works Studio. It is a cool digital audio editor that s great for messing up audio!

There is a tool in there that does something similar - it creates atmosheric beds out of any audio source - I've found that vocals work nicely. It is a good way to make a pallatte of sounds all based around 1 original soundsource (and therefor relating to each other part)

I believe they have a free demo.

well, to say .. i have seen this tip b4 on spinwarp.com .. but never mind .. this tip has been really helpful for me ..

btw, where do i get Prosonix Sonic Works Studio ??
and is it for Mac or PC ??

Back