New Orchestral Action Theme(clip) by Me

A

AaronF

This is a clip from the Main Theme that I wrote for "Fur-Effect", a new Dark Stealth/Action game in development by CDSoftware. I was shooting for a Sum of All Fears type sound mixed with The Terminator.

But you'll just hafta wait til the game is released to hear the whole thing :D hehe

http://www25.brinkster.com/crappycoder/FurEffectThemeClip.zip
(you might have to right click the link and choose save target as)

Enjoy!

Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks and thanks :)

Yea Bill is one of my fav. composers heh

Aaron

what did you use to make that song? I just got Edirol Orchestral, I'm using it with FL Studio. It's pretty awesome, but I'm still learning how to get that "action" sound. Any tips?

Well I don't know much about Edirol Orchestral cause I've never used it so I couldn't really offer any tips on that. But what I used was:

Software:
Cubase SX
Kontakt

Sample Libraries(for this particular song):
EastWest Ultimate Strings
SAM Horns
London Orchestral Percussion

Aaron

Very good Aaron .. I'm seeing tanks coming toward me everywhere I look now.

BTW, do you have to know how to compose music to get into this, or do you just play/record the music from a brief at home?

Good luck with it!

Very nice. I like the way it's developed especially in a short period of time. The piece of mine that you listened to is the shortest thing I've ever writtein and I have to tell you it's WAY easier to write something longer. I never would have believed that to be the case but it certainly is for me. This certainly teaches you to be concise. Anyway, my point is that I like the way you developed your idea in a brief period of time, it gives me something to think about.

Matt

Actually that was just a portion of the song though heh

BTW, do you have to know how to compose music to get into this, or do you just play/record the music from a brief at home?

Not entirely sure what you mean but if it's regarding music theory then yea I study theory, composition, and orchestration. I imagine it'd be quite hard to compose orchestral music without studying those.

Aaron

Just wanted to say...great stuff!!! I really enjoyed the "vibe". Very nice work.

Back