midi help!

D

djvartan

well i just added a cheap midi in cable to my computer. this is the way i have it connected. the in and out of the computer to the in and out of the controler. thru of the controler to the in of the next device. the problem is ,when i connect the in to the sound device (mc505) .one single note is kept on constantly. the midi light is showing a constant single in to the 505. please help!

try this:

controller keyboard midi out >>> pc midi in
pc midi out >>> 505 midi in

What software are you using? You may need to do some setting up in your sequencer.
Do you want the 505 responding on all 16 channels?
Is the controller keyboard a sound source also? or just a controller?
:eek:
strigg

your midi interface has only 1 midi in 1 midi out?? I'd suggest getting another interface.. one of those 65$ midiman interfaces should do the trick. 2 ins 2 outs. That way you won't have to fukk with midi thru.

The mc505 is also a tough instrument to do control with midi. Each part has to be set to "external". and you gotta watch out for random controller errors. We have it set up in a protools studio and at random times the 505 will play when we hit play on protools.

It would also help if you disabled the d-beam controller. it transmits midi info and can inadvertantly mess with your midi.

Chronos

Back