melodies or dums

who here ever finds a nice melody plays it from their VST and cant find the right drumsample to fit it.

How do u guys start of your productions with your melodies or drums and what tools you use?

it depends fam...

sometimes i run with the drums 1st and then get my melodies to fit around that or other times ill do the melody 1st etc etc...

really depends how im feeling at the time.. same with sample chops too...

the main thing as a producer / beatmaker is to make it fit...

so what ever you got going on its your job to find the sounds to MAKE it fit perfectly.

(TIP: find a song that uses similar sounds / instruments to the one your working on and maybe sample the drums from there to fit your beat)

peace

hahaha very funny, i asked how people start off there productions, not what do you use first or not don't send smart ass comments without reading the post first!

yo bro but its a endless discussion with no end. there is no answer to that. everybody does it different. every process of making music is different. YOU have to find out what works for you. thats kinda the same question as "which daw do u use for hiphop beats?" . doesnt matter. find out!

yo bro but its a endless discussion with no end. there is no answer to that. everybody does it different. every process of making music is different. YOU have to find out what works for you. thats kinda the same question as "which daw do u use for hiphop beats?" . doesnt matter. find out!

i feel ya bruh i hear dat loud and clear jus tryna draw some inspiration from others thats all but in saying that you gotta find your way i feel ya!

Couple of weeks ago I faced a situation where I couldn't anymore make good songs, I always kind of went to a dead-end. I first thought that I just didn't do something right in the production process and even made a thread here. But then I realized it wasn't any theoretical mistake that I had done, but it was that I had just tried to force myself to make good music. That's not possible, inspiration is somethin you don't control. So now I'm having some kind of vacation of music making and I'm just trying to clear my head and forget that stressful obsession to create good music.

So I think you're looking for the same thing I was looking for: some magical forumula that helps you to create good music. There's not such a thing. You gotto let it go: the inspiration will come by itself, and then you will suddenly notice you have developed some formula for yourself: maybe you always start with melody, maybe drums. But it's not something you can plan in advance.

Hope this helped :)

Couple of weeks ago I faced a situation where I couldn't anymore make good songs, I always kind of went to a dead-end. I first thought that I just didn't do something right in the production process and even made a thread here. But then I realized it wasn't any theoretical mistake that I had done, but it was that I had just tried to force myself to make good music. That's not possible, inspiration is somethin you don't control. So now I'm having some kind of vacation of music making and I'm just trying to clear my head and forget that stressful obsession to create good music.

So I think you're looking for the same thing I was looking for: some magical forumula that helps you to create good music. There's not such a thing. You gotto let it go: the inspiration will come by itself, and then you will suddenly notice you have developed some formula for yourself: maybe you always start with melody, maybe drums. But it's not something you can plan in advance.

Hope this helped :)

Hey @Vurki Everything u say is exactly what it is i think im overthinking it and maybe need to take a lil break i end up creating nothing most of the time because of it i have the melody then get stuck there im sure my formula will come soon i hope!!!!

i prefer to have melody at first then i have this nice feeling of throwing drums on top of it u know
it's a good feeling
I'm not saying it makes good music or you should do it that way.
one little thing might help- getting rid of too much drum samples. With internet and free samples around you might get lost with finding right ones just because there are too many of them. Sometimes limitation helps creative process.
If you have 100 snares leave like 10 (with every one sounding different) and delete 90 other. Then you choose one for your particular project and tweak it if you want.

Back