How would you recreate this synth patch (Mount Kimbie -You Took Your Time)

dbfuru

Hey guys. This has been bugging me for a while, I've asked elsewhere but didn't get much luck. The patch I would like to recreate is the synth used for the chord progression loop in this track: Mount Kimbie 'You Took Your Time (feat. King Krule)' (from new album 'Cold Spring Fault Less Youth') - YouTube

It's the first sound you hear.

I'm guessing it's maybe a sine wave or a triangle wave, maybe with a quiet square wave in there too, maybe a low pass filter. I tried recreating it but couldn't get it.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice on recreating this synth sound?

Also, to save making another thread does anyone have any idea what the first synth patch you hear in this song by Sango is made of? Link: https://soundcloud.com/soulection/sango-here-with-me-north-out
I think it's pretty similar but I'm not too sure.

Also, is there a general thread for "How do I recreate this Synth Patch?". Might be handy to have one to save a lot of different threads. Just a thought.

Thanks in advance!

First guess: It sounds like a mellow old-style electric organ with a little bit of vibrato. This suggests that an additive synth might be useful, or at least something with 3-4 separate oscillators that you can use for sine waves (fundamental + overtones). Hope this helps...

Back