How many chords per note

Manly

Hey guys, I've been looking around for a list that has all the chords that can be built off of any given note. Not just chords that have that note as a root, but chords that have that note in its 3/5/7/9/2/4/9/11/13 position also.

Say: I have C and I want to play some other chord other than C Maj that also has a C in it such as Cm, Am or Dm7..etc. Is there a list out there with this kind of thing out there?
I've started working on one, but I'm finding that the number of chords are mind numbingly long! This just seems like something you'd be able to find on the net easily. Anyone have anything like that?

Thanks

Manly said:
I have C and I want to play some other chord other than C Maj that also has a C in it such as Cm, Am or Dm7..etc. Is there a list out there with this kind of thing out there?

Use the link below and download the program if you a PC and any win O.S. except Vista. All you do is enter notes on the keyboard, right-click and paste to 'having notes', and 'run' to generate the chords.

Thanks bugsmoranproductions. It wasn't what I was looking for, but the ability to scroll through all the different chords to scan for chords with the notes I was looking for really helps. Speeds up the process quite a bit.

casualobsrvr, thanks. That looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. The chords listed were a bit cluttered though. Is there a way to organize all the chords in columns --left to right for roots and top to bottom with basic triads at top, down to the more complex chords at the bottom-- with a little more space in between? With just a little less clutter, this program could be very very useful.

Also, I found that the chord list for all the chords with C in them were so big that they were cut off when they went passed the right hand margin. You aren't able to scroll left to right.

Thanks for checking it out, Manly.

The first column of chords are all that are generated given the input. The other chords in red that go left to right are just subchords or extensions of the first chord. They are just there to fill that space, so no columns were intended, just rows. To see ALL the subchords and extensions of a chord, just select 'Extensions' from the chord's popup menu.

But I agree it makes the main list look cluttered. You're welcome to send any other questions or suggestions.

Steve

Back