How to make a siren synth?? (NOT a wow wow wow police type one though)

Jonny_silva

I mean more like a air raid siren (not an air horn), you sometimes hear them at fair grounds on ghost trains n shit. OMG its actually hard to describe. But if anyone can help lol?

do you mean like a fire siren that the fire stations use when they get a call?

if so...use whatever wave type you want the sound to be...to make it sound as realistic as possible i believe you can use a mix of detuned square and saw waves,.then just use some pitch automation!

In FL Studio....open the 3xOsc and set your waves up..goto the INS, VOL tab...and set medium/long attack and decay with medium release i'd say...then goto your Pitch tab....Turn attack all the way down, hold all the way down, decay about 3/4 up...sustain and release all the way down...and on the AMT knob, turn that all the way down..Still under the Pitch tab, turn your LFO Speed knob all the way down, and turn the attack all the way down..

Another way you can do it to the same/similar effect is to use the same settings above, but this time ignore the pitch tab..make 1 long note in the piano roll...then right click the pitch wheel at the top of your "channel settings" in the 3xOsc...and click Create Automation Clip.....
In the play list, stretch out the automation clip however long you need to cover the note...and click the far left point to start in the bottom left....and the far right point to end in the upper right....that way it'll start out low, and gradually gain pitch to give the type of effect of fire sirens..

Just mess around with it all and you'll eventually get the sound you want.

Back