Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to evolve from just making loops?

Thanks

How to evolve from just making loops?

Sign in to disable this ad
    And make propoer songs?

Thanks
    Listen to lots of music and emulate. Pay attention to song structure, and try to include verse and chorus sections, as well as a bridge.

This will require more from you musically than just sampling and looping. It is a big topic, and is highly dependent on your knowledge and skill level.

GJ
    Gregg Juke
    Nocturnal Productions
    The Sonic Vault Recording Studio
    Drum! Magazine Contributor

Thanks
    Write lyrics that you love, and then fit some chords and loops you've made to it

Thanks
    Good advice above. You can start to build new sections of loops into an arrangement or build out an arrangement from turning parts of your loop on and off.

Listen to different electronic tracks and start to listen for instruments being turned on and off in repetitive sections. That might start you off with some ideas.....build ups, break downs, new sections (verse / chorus), etc.

Thanks
    Find what works best for you as far starting off with the main sound you want to really be heard. Or if you prefer starting from the very beginning of a track then build from there. Depends on my mood. Sometimes I start with just drums then add syntehsiezers or bass or whatever. Other times I start with a bassline then add chords. Other times I start with chords. Like everyone else said see what taking away and adding can change the song.

Thanks
    Music theory.
    Patterns (with or without pattern mode)
    Make lots of those or just enough.
    Producer since 2010.
    Tecmo, Ubisoft, Bandai, Marvel, Arc.

Thanks
    I just make variations of my loops and think what parts of the song they could potentially fill

If i start with a house track and i make the drop first, it's usually the first half of the drop so my next thing to do is then make a new set of patterns that sound complementary to the track. I keep doing this over and over if I cant get the right sound and eventually you have enough saved to go back through and get a rough structure of the track.

After that rough structure, you wanna go back into the different patterns and fine tune them to fit each respective part.
    I hope this helps.
    It's how I ended my 2 year run with the loop hell.

Thanks
    make more than one loop and put them together for one full song

Thanks
    personally I love chord structures/ progressions & normally work around chords for the melody.

For me many melody lines stick out like a sore thumb writing this way.

peace.

DC...

Thanks
    Time and skill. If you are new to music production don't expect to make complete songs within your first years. Learn music theory, if you understand the building blocks of music then you can create whatever you envision in your head. I noticed in my own music that the more skilled i became my loops just happened to get longer without trying.

Thread Information