High Pitch Sound that I Can Hear but No One else Can

KanyeEast

Banned
last month i realized my dvd player was making this REAL REAL High pitch sound and it hurt my ears. Anyways. NO ONE else can hear this except Me and its really weird. Its definitely coming from my dvd player and its totally got me confused. Does anyone know what the hell it is and why only i can haer it?
ps. sorry if i shouldnt of posted this in here. but this is buggin me

O Damn I forgot... the reason i even posted it here.. I was playin around in sound forge and Managed to make a sound that sounds exactly the same by playing a very very very very very very tiny part of any song on loop. I mean a REAL small part. I saved it as a WAV and check it here... http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kay.f/noise.wav
open it in soundforge or somethin similar and play it on loop. Can anyone hear the REAL high pitched sound?

KanyeEast said:
O Damn I forgot... the reason i even posted it here.. I was playin around in sound forge and Managed to make a sound that sounds exactly the same by playing a very very very very very very tiny part of any song on loop. I mean a REAL small part. I saved it as a WAV and check it here... http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kay.f/noise.wav
open it in soundforge or somethin similar and play it on loop. Can anyone hear the REAL high pitched sound?

Without trying it, I can hear the high pitched whine of my TV's electron gun if it's on, and the volume is really low.

You may just have more sensitive ears than the average person. Take care of them...

damn that sound is annoying as hell.

I have sensitive ears. Although human hearing frequency range is 0hz to 20khz the average human doesn't hear anywhere near in that range. You might have sensitive ears. Take good care of them its a gift for a producer.

Peace

Hey bro!
You like to play stuff loud?!

You sure its not the dreaded TINETUS...argh get that word away from me..haha...what did you say?!

Sorry that should be TINNITUS ...i think...well now im lost?

No i think its most likely to be the mechanics of the DVD player...when they are new all the various plastic cogs and sprockets are unused and stiff from the lack of motion, so they squeek at a high pitch. the exact same thing happened with our dvd player, its still there but trust me it wears away eventually.

but yeah man i know how u feel, that kind of thing sucks!

I can hear stuff at around 18k but no higher.

You must be a bat!Heh,heh!

hey i know the noise you are referring to! my gf didnt believe me so i went in another room while she switched the TV on and off (with volume off) and I could tell her everytime the tv was on because of the noise! its strange............. i think a lot of people can hear it but their minds have chosen to ignore it

hi
generally the human hearing ranges from 20hz to 20 khz but this is a generalisation..there are always exceptions...
may be u should try someone elses dvd player to see if its your ears or the player...
if its your ears and this bothers or hurts u then u could try to go to a ent or a ear doctor..the ones that make hearing aids and get your self a pair of ear plugs with filters...they would filter frequencies above a certain frequency....
do u hear all sorts of high frequencies??
from lots of electronic equipment???

i dont know if this is a good or bad thing...

as people age their ears get less and less sensitive to high frequencies...

can u hear a dog whistle???
heheh just kidding..

also.. maybe u could try this..
if u can hear higher frequencies that most others then u could find out if higher sampling rates like 192 khz or higher really make the sound quality richer or richer in harmonic content than 48 or 96 khz..does it really make a difference??
this is quite a debatable topic..
but maybe u cant hear frequencies that high either..

anyway...
see u...

Last edited:
if it really sounds like that blip on loop that sux. if you're just hearing electronic noises like when a tv is on then anyone who isn't deaf can hear that

Back