Desperately need help slicing samples properly

dranfu

Waz Up,

I'm a beginner at electronic music and Im just learning about cutting and pasting to create original loops and what not. Right now Im working on a drum line I made 140 bpm 1/4. I created the drum part in fruity loops then I took it to Vaz Modular and slowed it down and changed it a bit and then I captured a sequence( about 3 minutes of the beat playing). The problem Im having is whenever I try to create a simple loop out of the beat it always sounds like its rushing the beat at the very end. It is never perfectly timed. I use sound-forge and I stretch the wave as much as I can to try to cut it exactly where it begins and ends and it usually comes out pretty good, but never a perfect or exceptable(properly timed) beat. If any of you more knowledgable musicians out there could tell me what I need to do in order to get a more perfect beat I would really appreciate it. Or if you dont have the time to explain maybe you could pass me a link on the internet that deals with the subject. Ive searched pretty hard but havent found anything exstensive yet.

Thanx

Peace-out

Back