Crunk songs drum pattern?

D1G1T4L

i want to make a crunk south/club type of a beat

so far i created only 2 beats and they sound westcoast style

i use reason and the tempo is anywhere between 88 and 96, my drum pattern 1 7 for kicks and bass, hi hats every other step, and claps on 5 and 13

what are some patterns for crunk beats?

also where do you guys get your drum kits from etc? reason has a few but they dont really sound crunk

YO dog. You may ned to slow it down some more. Around 87-75. This is no lie. Majority of LIL jon songs are that slow. You wouldn't believe but that but it true. It all in how you play your instruments. Give it a try.

try rebirth 2. you will get tr-909 nad tr-808 drum machine and tb-303 bassline. :) good luck

IQ2 said:
YO dog. You may ned to slow it down some more. Around 87-75. This is no lie. Majority of LIL jon songs are that slow. You wouldn't believe but that but it true. It all in how you play your instruments. Give it a try.

what he said or sequenced in double time at 140bpm and up....

Peace

crunk is arround 70-90 bpm, with roland tb808 drum sounds and analogue or v/a synth's for the bass and other sounds.

i doubt you will found that sound in reason easely so i would go to a vst compatible daw like Fruity Loops or cubase

so get 808 samples to put in your drumsampler (battery is a very good one) and get some v/a synth vst's (aturia minimoog, NI pro 53, NI absynth, NI FM7, Korg Legacy, Superwave8, ...)

why dont you take the song(or songs) you had in mind, load it into your daw,do a hitpoint detection and set up a groove quantize with it. from there use that as a template for your own beats.then you come in and lay down your own bass and melodies

Last edited:
amp aka sunnyblack said:
why dont you take the song(or songs) you had in mind, load it into your daw,do a hitpoint detection and set up a groove quantize with it. from there use that as a template for your own beats.then you come in and lay down your own bass and melodies
how do u exactly do that? what is a DAW and how do u load into it

use the dictionary on this site if you're unclear of any terms. A DAW is a digital audio workstation, Reason in your case.
Just get warm 808s, claps, maybe even change your resolution on your redrum to 1/32, so you can slap your hihats silly fast. It's cool to experament with (you'll have your snares hitting on every 9th, and kicks, at 1 and 13?) And also put some platinum in your teeth. YEAAYUUH!

like other people said, download an 808 kit. u can download the complete 808 kit at www.tr-808.com. when you get the 808s get a closed hi hat and have it playing at 1/16 and from there it's pretty easy, you should also add in some drum rolls of the 808 snare or the rim shot, i would use the 808 clap as the main snare.
peace

Back