Breakcore production tips&tricks

cool topic!!

umm i don't really have much...

i read that venetian snares has mapped out a break (amen) in sound forge and then insterted thier own sounds into it so you still have the orginal groove but with different sounds..

nice topic though..

you know of any breakcore production sites on the net?

i read that venetian snares has mapped out a break (amen) in sound forge and then insterted thier own sounds into it so you still have the orginal groove but with different sounds.

The amen is a very typical two step beat.
A little shuffled. otherwise theres nothing special about it. except the great sound of it. But the hits are just something like this.

K K S hshskkS sh

K kick
S snare
H hat

where capital letters are phat hits.

Almost all producers simply slice old Soul/funk drum solos. rearrange and EQ.

"breakcore" is a stupid term but maybe its less stuid where you come from. round here its referred to as drill'n'bass.

whatever you call it, there is little point in denying that much of what you hear is simply down to rhythmic plugins. theres thousands on the net. buffer over-ride is one of the most popular.

of course nothing replaces a good head for rhythm itself, and good editing skills, and years of experience... but the plugins sure make some fantastic momements that a talented producer can edit in.

the problem is theres sooooooo many talentless n00bs user buffer over-ride by itself for minutes on end and thinking they are rocking it. hope they are having though....

: )

What is the stupid BREAKCORE, drill & Bass nonsense...does anyone actually listen to that...!!!

one word !!!

SQUAREPUSHER... the original and the best!!

Back