Best Bridge in a Song?

W

wessieball

What's your favorite bridge in a song? At the risk of losing the little credibility I have here, I've gotta say that Britney Spears' "Boys" has an amazing bridge. The Neptunes are amazing. They're the bridge kings IMO.

Something from Michael Jackson or James Brown. They both have so many bridges that I like, I couldn't name one.

The bridge on Frontin' by the Neptunes is from an MJ song. I like the Neptunes... probably becuase they are influenced by some of my favorite artist.

I wouldn't doubt it, cause in an interview Pharell said that they listened to MJ's records and were trying to emulate that sound during the time of doing Justin's album.

So I guess if you like the Neptunes bridges you gotta like Micheal's.

I always thought the bridge on "frontin'" sounded like something Stevie Wonder would do :)

Speaking of The Neptunes, another cool thing I like from them is the track "Little Suzie" off of Kelis' Wanderland album. The song itself is good but I like the instrumental immediately after it...anybody know what I'm talking about? It's not a bridge but it's insane!

Last edited by a moderator:
It resembles "I Can't Help It" but not exactly the same. You can tell they pulled a bit from it.

Wiggum said:
I wouldn't doubt it, cause in an interview Pharell said that they listened to MJ's records and were trying to emulate that sound during the time of doing Justin's album.

So I guess if you like the Neptunes bridges you gotta like Micheal's.

1 listen 2 that album and that is obvious, but i said justin sounds like MJ since GONE came out 4 years ago

Not sure about the best, but probably ''One Me'' by R Kelly, from his album TP-2.com.
Not my favourite R Kelly song, but a great bridge!

If anybody reading this knows how he created that bridge (sounds, key changes, drum changes etc.) please do let me know!

Last edited:
Dazz Band - "Let it Whip", basically a lot of the songs during that time and the 70's have amazing bridges. Songs today pretty nice, but none in my opinion comparable to those.

Prince - "The Continenental" (Tell me how u wanna be done!)

Prince - "How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore"

EWF - "Fantasy"

Pick one! :)

westlogic said:
Dazz Band - "Let it Whip", basically a lot of the songs during that time and the 70's have amazing bridges. Songs today pretty nice, but none in my opinion comparable to those.

Good call!

Last edited:
Thats something I have to study, and practice more of. My strength is the Groove, but I'm gonna work on getting my bridges better. Michael Jackson has some of the best bridges out there.

wessieball said:
Is it really? Which song?

Loosely based off of Michael Jackson's

"I can't Help It"

Many people sample/interpolate from this sound.

Neptunes, Fabulous did it twice.

What I like about the Neptunes is that you can hear their inspiration but usually never enough where it sounds like a copy.

Last edited:
personally i would have to say J.R rotem. hes one of the sickest producers out and makes sick bridges. and Ryan Leslie

frontin is definatly influenced by i cant help it by micheal jackson (which was actually written by stevie wonder) u can tell that addiction by ryan leslie was influenced by it aswell, both songs seem to say "when im lookin in the mirror"

oh and the neptunes do have the illest birdges, far to many to mention, one of my personal favourites is swv - when boy meets girl! saying that dakrchild is really nice at changing the direction of the song!

Last edited:
Back