any producers went to full sail for recording arts in orlando?

i know its great for learning everything about recording, an i know they teach stuff about midi an all that an song craft but is it worth going if you want to produce an not just be a recording engineer?

I am planning to attend in January 2005. I have wanted to go there since I was a wee lil lad in high school. I'm so excited!

don't take my word for it, but I heard that place was total sauce. I wouldn't go near it if I were you. As I understand it, you're better off reading a book. The people there know about as much as a Guitar Center, or Sam Ash employee-NOTHING.

yea they came to my school for a presentation... 18 hour work days... screw that! plus I think recording engineering position will be in heavy decline due to people being able to have a full recording studio on their laptop...

Last edited:
damn, i keep hearin bad **** about it, i cant find anywhere else in florida that teaches this other then sae but they dont have any degree program on a damn diploma plus no financial aid.

I went to University of Miami (School of Music) for my undergrad and majored in jazz piano performance. also studied composition, film scoring etc. They have a solid music engineering school as well. Nice facilities. Check it out.

I haven't been to fullsail, nor have I toured there. I just have to give what I've heard.

I've heard that it's not all that it's cracked up to be. I went to Omega Studios in Rockville Maryland and can say nothing but good about them. They also work better with a person that already has a professional job in another field much better.

I know a few people that went there and transfered out to other programs because they didn't enjoy it so much.

-maz

UM is a world reknown university. It's not a trade school. You get a fully accredited degree. Bachelors, doctorate, masters...same as you would get at Harvard. (Minus the Ivy League status)

Ive had a few of my firends go to The Conservatory in Tempe Arizona, i heard that spot is really good. Have you guys heard of the school in Boston,MA...wanted some info on it.

Acumen said:
Ive had a few of my firends go to The Conservatory in Tempe Arizona, i heard that spot is really good. Have you guys heard of the school in Boston,MA...wanted some info on it.

www.berklee.edu

Last edited by a moderator:
HEAVY_WEIGHT said:
damn, i keep hearin bad **** about it, i cant find anywhere else in florida that teaches this other then sae but they dont have any degree program on a damn diploma plus no financial aid.

miami-dade college has amazing facilities. I attend the program and its great.

Music Engineering is a waste of a degree though nobody is hiring strictly engineers anymore. Producers are doing it themselves these days. If you want a well-rounded program MDC and UM are the places to go in Florida.

Peace

you want to be an actual sound engineer like someon who designs/repairs amps, mics, mixers, etc.

That is what a sound engineer is.

If you want a job as a mixing engineer its gonna be tough cause the best ones aren't going anywhere and people are learning how to mix and master their own product to where it sounds acceptable.

Peace

WHAT !!!! i cant believe what im hearing fullsail is a good school why not take the free tour
they really stay on top of there game far as having and teaching the newest equipment more than any other school i have seen no they are not a degree school like U.M. someone said but the advantge of that is you will not be sitting in class wasting time learning math, english, and other things wasting your time you get right down to it also when you graduate lets say two years or 3 years later they come out with a whole new protools sytem or a hot new way of recording or what ever new thing you need to learn you can go back and take those class for free thats right free also someone said that it would be hard to find a sound egineer job thats not true an audio engineer has many fields he can work in not just music like t.v. ,radio,movies,local news station,video editing,and many more

bascailly dont let anyone tell you what to do get out and decide for yourself

peace

i'd rather sit around "wasting time" in business classes and actually get a degree that means something then waste my money on a non-accredited school.

forget about the degree it's the knowledge and what you do with it. I know plenty of people that went to fullsail and sae only one of them is actually doing something with the knowledge his name is ray seay he has credits on albums from artist like lil john ,yin yang twins ,trick daddy, trina, big tymers . I know I could do a lot with that kind of knowledge although some people don't seem to be able to .

i see you in miami also if you interested in a good music production program check out miami dade college its really amazing and inexpensive. The studios are top notch and the instructors are knowledgeable.

Peace

Back