Yamaha 01X

Ondy

Would it make any sense buying a Yamaha 01X mixer to connect to my computer (soundcard MiaMidi). To the mixer I would connect my Triton Studio workstation and a microphone (perhaps Rode NTK)?
What I really need is a good mic preamp and I was wondering if I should get a mixer with preamps...

The 01X is a pretty complete solution. If you have an 01X, you don't need a soundcard, as the 01X acts as an audio interface itself.

Yeah thats the truth, the 01x connects straight to the computer over firewire bypassing the need for any audio interfaces.

then would it be wise to say good-bye to my MiaMidi and switch to this unit?
I mean it is a mixer and all but what about the audio features and the quality??
What about the mLan thing? would it make any difference to connect my Triton Studio to 01X?
Oh and does anybody know how good are the preamps?

too early to tell. this thing just came out. i am also interested.

I just plumped for an 01v96, I spoke to a guy in Digital Village who advised that it is not one of Yamaha's stronger products. He mainly criticised the fact that if it goes down your whole studio goes down. I cant really comment as I haven't used the 01x. But his general statement was that you would regret paying £1000 and that he woud not buy it in a million years(well that was put politely).;-)

Thompsy said:
I just plumped for an 01v96, I spoke to a guy in Digital Village who advised that it is not one of Yamaha's stronger products. He mainly criticised the fact that if it goes down your whole studio goes down. I cant really comment as I haven't used the 01x. But his general statement was that you would regret paying £1000 and that he woud not buy it in a million years(well that was put politely).;-)

If your computer crashes (and you're working with a computer sequencer) your whole studio goes down too.

If your mixer drops out your studio goes down too.

If you blow your monitor system your studio is down too.

If you got a flu... ;)

I'm planning to get a 01x at the end of this month. I read a lot about it and visited to local gear shop this afternoon.

I think it's a very nice product for a very nice price! The just released updated drivers for XP, and the are working fine. The Mac drivers work even better.

So Yamaha maybe made a slow and ****ty start, the product is really worth some respect right now.

Last edited:
Back