whats really good

V

VSOP D

I need to know what 2 do. i got this sound blaster platinum on my pc the sound is better than what i had but do you think i should take it back and get something from m audio or keep it.
im in tha process of getting a good studio mic and i know a preamp would make tha sound quality better. what do u suggest as far as preamp and studio mic as well. price dont but does matter. if that makes cents....

holla back
1luv

Soundblasters are not all that bad that some people might make you think, but I'd still go for, as you suggested, a M-Audio Audiophile or something like that. There's a couple of nasty things with the Soundblasters - mainly the sample rate locked at 48Khz and the completely ****ty mic preamps (or rather "preamps") on it.

As far as mics go, I'd suggest either the Rode NT1-A, Studio Projects B1 or the Audio-Technica AT3035. They're all around $200 (the B1 is a bit cheaper I think).

Don't really have much experience with preamps, but from what I know, the Presonus Eureka or the FMR ReallyNicePreamp seem like good stuff.

thanks 4 tha reply... but is there a big difference between the soundcards sound quality

There is a huge difference in sound between the sound blaster cards (or other consumer cards) and the bottom end of the pro market.

Back