what cables do i need to hook my fostex mr8 to my eps 16+??

PtheGhost

im pissed i bought the fpstex today. asked the guy which cables i need and he gave me regular instrument 1/4 cables, ther eobviously wrong, so which cables do i need??

I am looking at pics of it right now.

It seems that there are 2 XLR inputs mounted atop which are for mic's. And it appears to have the 1/4" jacks as well.

He gave you the right cables, how do you figure he didnt? Are you routing that recorder to an amp that doesnt have 1/4" inputs?

If so you will need to get 1/4" inch to RCA cables***, or you can get 2 female 1/4" to RCA adapters, (one for each channel).

***I am assuming your amp has RCA inputs, othewise you will have to get the appropriate adapter cables.

Hope this helps.

PtheGhost said:
nah i wasnt routing it to a amp, do i have to????

Unless you have active monitors, or you just want to listen to it through headphones.

How did you expect to listen to it? What were you routing it to?

If you're just routing it to the Fostex and listening it's output with headphones, you've got the right cables. I don't know where you got the thought he gave you the wrong cables.

a guy i know told me i had the wrong cables :( well then i guess he was wrong, and yes i litsen through headphones, untill i get some monitors

thanks for the help

From what i remember, the mr-8 has stereo, non powered outputs, so you need active monitors or an amp if you want to use the outputs. The outputs are 1/4" so you will need something that matches 1/4" with whatever the device that you are hooking it up to's inputs are.

Back