Upgrading my studio... Imput requested!!!!

B

bnkrecord

Aight, I know alot of people ask the question, so i figure I would ask as well....

currently, i am using

Digi002 rack with pt 7.3
fantom XR rack
TC Helicon voice one rack
Focusrite mic pre.
KRK V6 monitors and a beefed up pc
groove tubes gt66 mic
banshee talkbox
Mpc 4000
Emu MK6 keyboard
waves diamond bundle
and a home made booth

My budget is looking around 25,000. What is some of the must haves That Yall seasoned professionals thinnk i should get.

Im already getting the Nuemann U87ai and a Mac G5.... but what else would yall suggest.

Dont take this the wrong way, but if i had that equipment I would be making beats not wondering about what I need.

Chances are if you don't know what you need, you don't need it.

noblewordz said:
Dont take this the wrong way, but if i had that equipment I would be making beats not wondering about what I need.

Chances are if you don't know what you need, you don't need it.

not taking it the wrong way, i feel you..... I dont use the MPC for myself, or the XR Rack... I got them for the producers that don't have the hardware to use...

It's not that I don't know what I need, I just wanted to know what others thought....

Personally I would invest in another mic pre. For a wider tonal palette.

Invest in either the Adams A7's or Dynaudio BM5a's for Monitoring
(Basstraps are a given)

Keep an SM57/8 around incase you want to mic some live percussion. Or again, change in tonal palette.

Macbook Pro (maxed out) with Reason 3/Midi Controller and Refills for making beats on the fly, AND portability, AND you can call in a beatmaker to program drums while you mix or whatever..

Just off the top of my head.

OH don't forget a solid outboard compressor.

Last edited by a moderator:
PAJOKIJR said:
damn balla,whatchu got for monitors?

KRK V6 Monitors

CeeGramz said:
homemade booth? for 1000 dollars you could get a vocal box...much better than a studio room

Yeah, but I only spent 300 for the booth... most of it was for the foam... I feel what you are saying though.. I just wanted to plan something and build it from scratch... ya know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cop a used ASR-10 wanna know what it sounds like listen to Dirt Of Your Shoulders (jay-z/timbo) :D

Or cop a SP-1200 to run drums through, then upload in a MPC3000.

But, that's a real pain if you are already used to one workflow already.

straight up cop a novation xstation ... its got some crazy crazy sounds n the best base in the bizz.... i use it wit the motif when im at the labels studio but i use it athome too wit cubase n reason n vst's its affordable n well worth the price.. and wheres ur motif? didnt see it on the list! copp the newest version its in ur price range obviously n grab dat alesis 3630 compressor and fusion 6HD workstation... great value wit spectacular results holla abck

Back