Tryin to better my studio!!! HELP

S

SHYDA

Ok Im about to cop me a studio mixer so that I can connect my mpc, dj set and pc altogether... I would like to know if this mixer will do and wont have to be changed after 1 year of use..
http://www.alesis.com/products/studio24/

Or should I stick with mackies????
I just want a monitor that does not have bad quality interms of sound and low interference(sound)

Let me know

Thanks

For Quality, I would go with a Mackie. However Behringer also makes some pretty good Quality mixers for reasonable prices.

Intelx

IMO the best quality is achieved by having the shortest signal chain as possible, which means no mixer. However, then routing stuff becomes a hassle, so I understand the need. Also, IMHO Alesis and Behringer mixers suck, I wouldn't choose to run my signals through one of those on purpose.

If you really want a mixer, if you can wait just a little longer, look at the new Mackie Onyx series:

http://www.mackie.com/press/2004/1_15_2004_onyx_mix.html

How much do you think the mackie onyx mixers going to cost?

The Onyx mixers seem dope but I know Mackie mixers usually cost a pretty penny(but are worth it from what i hear)

Right now i have a behringer mixer and its working well for me but that onyx seems tight.

One

Sorry to piss on the parade here but the only Behringer mixers that are any good are the DDx3216 and the upgraded 8000(albeit with reservations), the rest of the range cannot be compared to Mackies in any department except price.

i agree get a 002 or 001 whatever you can afford and make your life easier. if you kno how to use protools even on the most basic level your **** will come out better. if you really want a physical board you can get the mackie ones that work with protools theyre lovely

simple, a computer, monitors, and some type of midi controller.

that's it. both 001 and 002 come with the interface and software--PTools 6.X and a host of other aps such as Reason, Ableton Live, Samplitude, and a great bundle of other plugins. Granted, you get "lite" versions of some of them, but overall they are fantastic packages. My friend just got the 002 Rackmount for about $1100 which is an absolutely KILLER deal.

oh, and skip the Behringer board unless you like noise--and i ain't talking bout the nice kind.

cc

I've gotten no noise out of any Behr board i've tried (MX3282A, MX9000). And I actually perfer the MX9000 to the Mackie 32-8, heh.

Hi
I have two Behringers (pictures on www.JDMusic.info) But I will replace them sooner or later by Mackie :cool: .
Price-quality wise the Behringers are ok! But with the Behringers the music sounds less dynamically. Try them out in a shop first before you buy!

im not familiar with the 001 or 002.

whats the company and full name of the product?

is it like a mixer or what? anymore info would be appreciated.

one

Samplecraze said:
Mista, $1100 for the 002? That's a mutha deal, they retail for $2500.
Anymore of those deals knocking about pal?
The 002 has two models one of them is $1100 which is a rackmount and the one that cost $2200 is a console with faders and transport

Uno--Digidesign, maker of Protools. 001, 002, Mbox, are all different software/hardware packages that they sell. They are the bottem end of their catalog but still good quality. Their higher end systems can cost $10,000 and waaay up.

Samplecraze---Yeah man, I was talking about the 002 Rackmount...not the full-on mixer version. Ha! I wish! But it's still a damn good deal.

Also, i was in a shop today and found an add from Digidesign that said that you could trade up older gear (Mbox or 001) to 002 (rack or mixer). The only stipulation was that your old gear needs to be registered. Here is the number from the add 1-888-636-3444. I assume that you can check the website for more information as well. It's nice to see Digi finally making themselves accessible to people that don't have $15,000 (or more) to invest in their high-end systems.

And no, I'm not a sales rep. Just an enthused soon-to-be customer.

cc

Let's hope their after sales is not on par with the latest Mackie control surfaces.....terrible. Loads of problems there and loads of recalls.
I like this system and I was after the control surface , not the rack, I can use it with PT and Logic and I like the spec list and if the hype matches the performance then I'm up for getting one of these as realtime manipulation of plugins is a godsend.
I believe a review from one of the esteemed magazines will throw up some interesting plusses and minusses.

mista,

thanks for the info on the 001 and 002.
it sounds like they are tight but its outta my price range right now.

definitely something to look at down the road though.

one

get on Ebay and get a small Mackie, not Behringer, and you should be set as far as a mixer goes. I also highly suggest the new MOTU 828MK2, total quality and it has a built in mixer the works really well. Any digidesign product that costs less than $10,000 is crap, forget that it's protools. The mic pre's are absolute crap, I have both an MBox for the protools stuff (I need it for school) and the 828, hands down the 828 is the winner.

Peace!!

Back