time to change my little speaker

N

norm

Hi,

It s time to change my little speaker to be something better than the old one. Please give me your advice. (I m going to use it for my MUSIC and FILM SOUND (sfx, dialog, bg). For my little old speaker, it s lack of low end and alway give me a clipping when I turn the volume up. Also when I work at home and bring it to school. I alway have to mix my project again and again after I mix it from my house. This is very annoy me. (I know I should learn about it)
Now I have my eyes on Genelec 8030A, Mackie HR624, KRK rockit8, and Blue Sky Pro Desk 2.1 system. Has anyone using it? I been using Blue Sky in my school and I think it s ok for me (my school use Blue Sky Pro Desk 5.1 System). Please give me some recommendation.

Thanks

check these out too.

http://www.alesis.com/products/m1active/

Also the behringer truths are excellent value for money. Great frequency response in the lower bass regions and nice clear, crisp tops. its shortcomings are a lack of definition in the mid range and also a lack of overall warmth and colouration. but these are studio monitors designed for creating neutral response mixes that translate well onto other systems and that they do very well. i wouldn't use them for my home hifi system though :P

i think when it comes to studio monitors it's very long unending dabate in which only you can decide the final outcome.

If your going for the upper level monitors you can't really go wrong with any of the suggestions you made yourself. Cause in time your going to have to learn to get acoustomed to what you end up with. The only one I am not a fan of what you suggested are the KRK Rockit8s, I am a fan of KRK but not the the Rockit8s get the V6s instead. As far as Genelec, Mackie, Blue Sky you can't go wrong with any of those, also i'll add to that list Dynaudio which you should also strongly consider. I suggest bring a couple of cds different genres and take them to your local music shop and see what fits you nest, nobody can really decide for you on this, cause everybody has different ones their used to.

i have tannoy reveals (passive) and love them to bits. Its down to the listener....i ended up HATING the behringers. they sounded like things had been made PLEASANT to hear....

Back