Seen a lower price? We'll beat it!
Click here for New, Pair...

Read the Reviews
41 people say:
8.3 out of 10

Review this product:
Select one... 10 - The Best 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 - The Worst

Email page
30-Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Applies On This Item - Buy it, and if it isn't just right for you, return it!

Product Description
Event's 20/20 V2 Direct Field Monitor System continue the tradition of excellence begun with the original 20/20. A passive version of the popular 20/20bas V2 biamplified monitors, the 20/20 V2 monitors feature a carefully designed 8 in. woofer and a 25mm tweeter designed to deliver the most accurate audio possible. You will hear increased detail in your mixes, free of the coloration of lesser monitors.

Great studio monitors like these deliver pure reproduction of your recordings. You hear it all, the good and the bad, so you can fix problems before they get mastered. Specs include 50Hz - 20kHz (±3dB) frequency response, 150 watt (program) power handling (200W peak, and they are LOUD cabinets), 4 ohms impedance and binding post inputs.
Technical Info
Specifications

LF Driver: magnetically shielded 8" mineral-filled polypropylene cone with 1-1/2 in. diameter high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround

HF Driver: magnetically shielded 25mm ferrofluid-cooled silk dome

Crossover: 2.2kHz, second order

Frequency Response: 50Hz - 20kHz, ±3dB, Ref. 500Hz

Power Handling: 150W program, 200W peak per side

Sensitivity: 88dB @ 1W, 1m

Cabinet: 5/8 in. vinyl-laminated MDF

Connectors: Red and black five-way binding posts on 3/4 in. centers

Dimensions (W x H x D): 10-1/4 x 14-3/4 x 11-3/4 in.

Weight: 22lbs each

Not if you are going to mix on them. They sound GREAT! But the bass is so flabby and bloated that you cannot mix bass accurately on these.

I sold mine and replaced them with a $40 pair of Insignia Model: NS-B2111 bookshelf speakers from Best Buy Online. They are a coaxial design, and they go down to about 50Hz. The bass is much more accurate, but the vocals are a bit subdued. If you are using the Events to show how hot your beats are to sell them, then they are great, because they deliver a huge sound across the whole frequency range, that flabby bass just messed up my mixes.

The reason I like the coaxial Insignias is because they are much closer to what a car stereo or a home system will sound like. If your amp has an A/B switch, get the events, and then switch to a smaller pair of bookshelf speakers like the Insignias or NHT Absolute Zeros to check your mix and make adjustments.

I recommend the Insignias, though. Get them and then save up for some Dynaudio BM6 or BM5s. You can get the passive BM5s for like $599, then you will have something really pro. Then you can use the $40 speakers to check your mixes on a home stereo.

Back