Rode NTK problem

E-ONE

i just bought a rode ntk it came with a NKT microphone power supply but the sound volume coming out is waaaaaaayyyyy to soft i wonder if i need to hook it up to a pre amp or if my mic/power supply is broken...

if its brand new id pretty much rule out the mics broken. condenser mics need preamps and phantom power. ull need the preamp to amplfy the signal. most preamps have phantom power so ur going to need to buy 1 im afraid. :( and since u have such a nice mic.. i wouldnt get a cheap 1.

I had the NTK 2 it came with a box . I think it was a phantom power and a tube but I took it back cause it was making a ringing noise .I was running the mic thru the box that it came with then thru a phantom power source on the digi 002. I never tried it with out running it thru the phantom power I think that was the problem runnin thru 2 phantom power sources . I miss that mic , I wish I would of tried it ,without the 002 phantom power . Now I have the Blue Baby Bottle it is not bad, but I think the NTK2 needed a fair chance . It had a warmer sound ,but it was ringing in the back ground . I got the BLUE , now I gotta find a good pre amp to go with it.

i have a nice pre amp with fantom power but i don't see the use of that stupid power supply...and i can't hook it up directly to my pre amp beacause the mic doesn't have a regular xlr out... now i connected my mic to the power supply and the power supply to the pre amp... so that's a tube power supply connected to a tube pre amp now my sound is so warm it sounds like edited out all the highs...:(

E-ONE said:
i have a nice pre amp with fantom power but i don't see the use of that stupid power supply...and i can't hook it up directly to my pre amp beacause the mic doesn't have a regular xlr out... now i connected my mic to the power supply and the power supply to the pre amp... so that's a tube power supply connected to a tube pre amp now my sound is so warm it sounds like edited out all the highs...:(
I think if you shut off the phantom power on the pre amp it should work fine for you . this is the mistake I made before running thru 2 phantom powers .

i meen i already turned off the phantom power the first time i connected the power supply to the pre amp...

E-ONE said:
i meen i already turned off the phantom power the first time i connected the power supply to the pre amp...
and it is to warm for you .

The power supply that comes with the NTK is designed to power the mic and the tube that is inside the mic.

A phantom power supply will not work and therefore not required. You will need to run the output to a preamp though.

Tube gear needs a good warmup of at least 10-15 minutes before it starts sounding ok.

Back