Question about studio design for a project studio

ammobeats

hey, now i was told a while back that it's best to miss shape a room make it sort of like a diamond shape for acoustics my question is, is this any useful for a project/bedroom studio?

also i know low frequency's travel furthest so would it be smart to place bass traps all over for the sub? thanks

ammobeats said:
hey, now i was told a while back that it's best to miss shape a room make it sort of like a diamond shape for acoustics my question is, is this any useful for a project/bedroom studio?

also i know low frequency's travel furthest so would it be smart to place bass traps all over for the sub? thanks

The idea that's it's best practice to angle control room walls is largely a fallacy, especially when it comes to small rooms. The only thing you really succeed in doing in that scenario is decreasing the overall volume of the room, which makes the low end problems worse. High frequency problems are not common, and when they are they're very easy to address. Leave the room as-is and treat it from there. Here's the basic advice:

• Make sure you setup so that you’re firing down the longest dimension of the room.
• Your head should be placed 38% of the way into the room, centered between the left and right walls
• Your head should also be located at the tip of an equilateral triangle with your speakers. Start at a 5’ width and go from there.
• Use at least 4” bass trapping in all the corners, floor to ceiling if possible.
• Use 4” or 6” bass traps on the back wall; the thicker the better basically.
• Use 4” panels behind the speakers on the front wall
• The reflection points to the right, left and above your head can be treated with either 2” or 4” panels. I prefer 4” panels personally; you can never really overdo bass trapping.

Frank

Back