Pro-tools Mbox Vs. E-MU 1820M

J

Joey Blaze

Ok i currently own a roland fantom x6 and i am soon to be purchasing a numark cdx... which audio interface is the better option?

i am leaning towards the EMU setup because it has MANY MANY more inputs

i dont know how much of pro tools i will be using because my fantom x already has a very good sequencer

could i get away with using a program like cool edit with the emu?

any opinions are much appreciated..

Joey Blaze said:
Ok i currently own a roland fantom x6 and i am soon to be purchasing a numark cdx... which audio interface is the better option?

i am leaning towards the EMU setup because it has MANY MANY more inputs

i dont know how much of pro tools i will be using because my fantom x already has a very good sequencer

could i get away with using a program like cool edit with the emu?

any opinions are much appreciated..

You won't have any problem using your EMU w/ Cool Edit/Adobe Audition. You'll be str8

thanks

i guess a better question is do i have a real use for pro tools since i own a fantom x and will be producing mainly hip hop beats?

from what i read and the research i did it seems like protools is used mainly for sequencing and it seems as my fantom can already handle that quite well..

Pro-tools is your best bet, if you really knew what you could do with pro-tools you wouldnt be asking this question, anybody that is anybody uses pro-tools its best to familiarize yourself with it , yes the m-box doesnt have that many inputs, but if you save more money you could get a digi002, which is the best thing to do.

The EMU has the the same A/D converters used in Digidesign®'s ProTools® HD 192 I/O interface...so the EMU is a better value..

FareInHite said:
Pro-tools is your best bet, if you really knew what you could do with pro-tools you wouldnt be asking this question, anybody that is anybody uses pro-tools its best to familiarize yourself with it ,

so he should get the Mbox because everybody else uses PT?? and what exactly does PT do that, say, NUENDO/Cubase/Sonar4/Logic cant Do??

mistaox said:

so he should get the Mbox because everybody else uses PT?? and what exactly does PT do that, say, NUENDO/Cubase/Sonar4/Logic cant Do??

Truth is this dude doesn't need any program to sequence anything....hes got his roland fantom...as far as what pro tools does that NUENDO/Cubase/Sonar4/Logic don't do ..is simple....Try taking a look in every single major recording studio throughout the industry of hip hop and find out what people are using....Pro tools is a common thread amongst a huge percentage of the industry..Why learn some other program other than pro tools as your first?...know pro tools and you make yourself knowlegable about what most of the industry your trying to break in uses.Just my opinion...but u know what they say...opinions are like a**holes...everyone has one

you still havent listed anything that PT has over the other apps other than Industry clout..

NUENDO/Logic are gaining steadily..the features are too much to get into...but PT's days are numbered...especially for the more common smaller studios...

I personally took the time to learn protools..because it is the "Industry Standard"..but I will only use it when I have to...so far I havent had to work with any PT sessions...I usually request OMF files..

Back