Patchbay / Insert Effects

W

wysh

How would one go about connecting all the mixer's insert points to a patchbay, and then be able to connect insert effects to the patchbay and connect them to whatever insert is desired? I currently have all of my mixer ins and instrument outs in a 16 point row, all half normaled so I can route alternate signals to the mixer ins if desired. I have two filters and a compressor that I would like to add to the bay. Any ideas on how I could get these effects in to the setup? I have plenty of room on another patchbay to add all 16 of my mixer's insert points plus the ins and outs of my effects. I've tried to go trial and error and have not had any luck.

Why don't you set the patchbay with the mixer inputs (we'll call it A) to fully normalized mode and set up the effects on the second patchbay (called B) (denormalized) , then you can just patch the output signal of the isntrument into the effect on patchbay B and then back into the mixer input on the on patchbay A

or am I not understanding your problem fully?

(I mean, this is if you actually can changed the normalization on your patchbay)

Sounds logical to me except my patchbay can only be set to Normalized, Half-Normalized, Paralell, and Open. Are Denormalized and Half-Normalized the same? Thanks.

Back